Samarkand Institute of economics and service was founded in February 13, 1931. To date, about 65 thousand highly qualified economists, accountants, managers, employees of financial, banking and trade institutions, experts of catering and service graduated from the institute, who are currently working in various sectors of the economy.
According to the Decree of the Cabinet of Ministers since 17 July 1991, the Institute was transferred to the Republican union of consumer societies "Uzbekbirlashuv". Since May 1998, in accordance with the Decree of the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Uzbekistan, Samarkand Cooperative Institute was transferred to the Ministry of Higher and Secondary Specialized Education of the Republic of Uzbekistan.
On May 26, 2004 the Cabinet of Ministers adopted the Decree №144 "About the education at the Samarkand Institute of Economics and Service," on the basis of which the Institute acquired the status of the only higher educational institution in the country for the training cadres for tourism and service spheres.
SCIENTIFIC AND PEDAGOGICAL POTENTIAL OF THE INSTITUTE
The teaching staff of the institute consists of 157 tutors, of whom 10 doctors and 55 candidates of sciences. Including one academician of the Republic of Uzbekistan (B.Eshkuvvatov), a corresponding member of the International Informatization Academy (E.Hodzhaev), 2 members of the International Academy for the problems of the biosphere (A.Hudayberdyev, B.Eshkuvvatov) 2 member (academician) of the International Eurasian Academy of economic Studies (Zh.R.Zaynalov, H. Musayev).
The Institute has 14 departments, which employ the leading scientists of the service sector.
Teachers of the Institute published dozens of books, monographs and textbooks, hundreds of scientific articles which are highly valued by the specialists of manufacturing and education sphere.
Some scientists of the Institute are members of the specialized council for doctoral theses in the leading educational institutions of Uzbekistan and Kazakhstan.